Friday, December 23, 2016

Home


I made it home. Alive. I don't feel very strong, and I'm tired, but I made it! Toronto, Canada. I'm reunited with The Big Lincoln. She's so fine! All of my gear arrived intact, and quickly found it's way into familiar places. I'm resting for a few days. Seeing a few doctors. Sleeping. It's a quiet town close to some big highways and an airport. The longer I'm here, the more I think about the big highways and the airport. Africa! It was a great Tour, under Zulu Skies. Forty shows! And, of course nine Canadian provinces and over a hundred concerts at the front end of it all. Possibly the longest tour I've ever done. I'm sorry I missed Newfoundland and the Yukon this time around.

I'll take a couple of weeks to wrap the details of the 2016, National Steel Zulu Skies Blues Tour. Then I'll attend the Maple Blues Summit and the Maple Blues Awards. By the end of the month I'll be announcing my plans for the upcoming year. Expect: recording, writing, and some interesting shows. The Tour will definitely return to South Africa. Details to follow! But first– laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment